A word puzzle game for all ages, with VERY flexible gameplay. Fun for everyone!
Wordplay is a word puzzle / word finding game for all ages. In addition to its solid default gameplay, it can be configured very well to suit every user.
The basic idea of the game is to find words in a grid, and indicate them using your phone's touchscreen. The many options, most of which change gameplay drastically, make it a game that will never get old!
Some of the features:
* English and Dutch dictionaries included by default
* Game rules can be changed:
There is endless gameplay variation. By default the game is set up so that consecutive letters in a word must come from adjacent blocks, like Boggle.
If you play in this mode, you can choose to enable or disable diagonal moves or bends in a word to keep the gameplay fresh.
If you play without the adjacency restriction, it's a whole other game alltogether!
You decide what is most fun to you!
* Minimum/maximum word count: Generated games will contain an amount of words within a specified range. Only want games with lots of words in them? No problem, specify a high minimum word count! Want a totally different challenge? Specify minimum word length 9, maximum word count 1 and try to find the only 9-letter word in a 7 by 7 grid. (Good luck!)
* Ability to block certain words and add additional words (on a per-dictionary basis). You don't think "biwinning" is a real English word? Block it!
* Customizable grid sizes: you can even play on non-square grids if you like, for some variation on the old 4x4 gameplay.
* Eight nice default color schemes, plus the ability to pick your own custom color scheme
* Cool animations
* Scoring system, using points per minute and percentage of maximum score metrics. Think you're better than your friends? Now you can (dis)prove it! Up to six high scores can be kept per metric per dictionary. Note that letter frequency determines how much points a letter is worth!
* Two different input methods: by default you drag your finger along the screen to form words and releasing when your word is done. If you prefer, you may choose the alternate input method, which using tapping on letter blocks and a separate word submission button.
* "Hot" blocks feature: this feature adds a lot of fun to the game. If enabled, the game will randomly pick a block in your grid, and designate it "the hot block" and darken it on the screen. Now, if you form a word while using this letter block, the word will be worth more points. You can specify the duration of hotness (when it cools down, another hot block will immediately take its place), and also the score multiplier. Note that if you made a word while none of its blocks were hot, those potential bonus points will be lost to you! This game feature therefore rewards those who can keep track of a lot of word locations, because they will be able to cash in on the bonus points whenever the hot block lands in the right place.
* Word definition look up: Simply press on a word twice in the list after a game to look it up online!
* Local two-player mode & ability to challenge others through the Papaya network, or via Twitter, Facebook, etc.: this gives you ability to match your skills against a friend. After a game, you can have them replay it on your phone or on theirs (by challenging them online), during and after which your performances will be compared!
* Now integrated into the Papaya social gaming network, so you can easily play share the game and play with your friends!
* Earn achievements and show them off!
This free game's development is supported by an ad banner. Upgrading to Wordplay Adfree will remove it and additionally enables the ability to load your own dictionaries into the game!
If you liked word games like WordUp / WordzUp, Tile Takedown, Boggle, Wixel, Word Game, Syrious Scramble, etc. you won't be disappointed with this game! Have fun.
Please feel free to mail the developer if you have any issues at all!
Please consider reviewing/rating Wordplay on the market, if you enjoy it!